Outsourcing your company’s services has its pros and cons. On the one hand, you are relenting some control and trusting your outsourced company with the welfare of your own business. It is out of your hands if they do something wrong, yet it reflects poorly on you. But with this, outsourcing can be a positive for business productivity and can save you time and money. Here are some reasons why:
- Improved efficiency. 65% of in-house IT budgets go to day-to-day operations. Important, yet common tasks such as fixing the printer, reloading a virus-infected PC, or defragmenting a hard drive consume most of the in-house IT time. By outsourcing your IT this will allow your company to improve its efficiencies and competitiveness.
- 24/7 support. Your systems are running 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so problems can occur at any time. But the reality is that most small businesses don’t have the resources to provide full time support for themselves. So, outsourcing to a company that has the resources to provide this support can save your company from dealing with altercations that can be costly and unexpected.
- Risk assessments. Risk assessments and continuity plans are generally outside the realm of expertise for small to medium size businesses but can save companies from falling into huge disasters because threats are spotted before they become problems. A complete IT design solution can act as insurance for your company.
- Reduced costs of IT management. Most fully managed IT services offer fixed value pricing that can be scaled as your business grows. As the experts, their work will be done more efficiently and better than the in-house IT operator. Rather than incurring unexpected costs every time there is a problem, you can budget your monthly fee that you pay to your outsourced company.
- Improve operations. While an in-house IT is focused on maintaining operations, fully managed IT services can help your business grow in efficiency and productivity. They are up to date with the latest software and can help you figure out what will make your business run in its most efficient state.
- Updated subscriptions. Upgrading your software to a current version can get expensive and become a bother. Those who choose to use old software to save money often end up with problems. Should you go the fully managed route you would be able to choose a company that keeps your subscriptions updated and not have to deal with it at all.
Consider outsourcing your IT problems to a fully managed IT company. Let them do your job so that you can focus on the core of your business model. You can have access to all of the technology that you need, improve your company’s efficiency, budget your IT costs, and all while maintaining the integrity of your network infrastructure.